Its getting cold outside, at least it is in my hometown of Chicago. The drop in temp always signals the start of CKFN season. CKFN season is the perfect time to cuddle up, or catch a vibe solo, and listen to some hot R&B classics. I wanted to provide the soundtrack to get your season started or keep it going if its already in motion. All you gotta do is click play!
These mixes were part of a set recorded live at Tavern on Lagrange. I broke it down into these 3 parts based on the moving and changing vibes that are set at a night out for dinner at the venue. Each mix has its own story and i present them to you here with all 3 parts. Enjoy them separately or together. If you live in the Chicagoland area be sure to check me out live at Tavern on Lagrange. Feel free to shoot me a message and make your dinner reservations!
Even if you don't live in the area I hope you enjoy the mixes and get to experience a bit with us even if vicariously from a distance. Love. Thank you! -P1
I had the pleasure of rocking with DJ Gemini Jones a couple months ago at Whiskey Barrel Saloon in Rock Falls IL. You can watch the party go from 0 to 100 real quick in this video recap of the night.
This party took place on a Saturday night in August but I will be returning to Whisky Barrel for 2 Friday nights in a row, October 25, and November 1st. I will be ready to try and top the energy you see here in this video on those nights so mark them in your calendar now!
A throwback video to about 3 years ago when i was literally DJing in the car while on the road touring! I am dedicated and do it for the love of the music. Still do, no matter if i charge $50 or $5000 I'm still rocking with love and passion for the music. I am dedicated and staying down for the music. Thank you to everyone that is rocking with me. New mixes on the way!!!
Shout out to people that been in the gym or thinking about being in the gym working on that summer body...this is a track still in progress but i felt the vibe and wanted to drop it today ahead of the day party tomorrow! Check my IG page for info on that. Enjoy the track!
Well...Kanye is a genius still. BUT I took a little journey back to when he really made us understand. He set a trend for producer rappers. I was listening back and all i could think of when putting these old Kanye joints together was that we need to Make Kanye Great Again. Take a minute to listen, share if you dig it. Feel free to comment and let me know your fav Old Kanye tracks that i may have missed...
oh and if you want to download the mix you can do so here >>> bit.ly/MKGAP1
If you peeped my IG page you may have seen a clip of this, this is the extended version of my weekend recap video! Shout out to everyone that made it a dope weekend. A Nite With was incredible and we had a ball at the According 2 Hip Hop app launch! This upcoming weekend we will be back at it for #RidgeRules so come join the fun!
Reminder to all those in Chicagoland area tonight is the A Nite With... show hosted by Neak and Tandaleria. I'll be controlling your sounds for the night. In the lead up to tonights event though here is a quick R&B mix for you to enjoy!
It's Friday! Somebody got paid today. In celebration here is a soundtrack with songs about getting money, making money, having money, spending money! Enjoy, and feel free to share your favorite payday songs and i may drop it in a future mix! Peace
This month at SIC Sundays we are celebrating the music of Snoop Dogg. I must say this mix was hard simply because snoop has so much flavor and so many different styles. it was not as hard as the 2Pac mix but definitely you know when its time to mix a legends catalog. Its simply hard to contain an entire catalog to less than 15 minutes and be representative. But here it is for my west coast gangsta rap and Snoop Dogg fans. Come check out my bro DJ Kwiet Storm in his live tribute mix to snoop this sunday at our event. Tickets available now!
If you have watched the latest episode of Tell A Friend Tuesdays 9/5/2017 then you heard this instrumental in the background. If you haven't you can check that out on my facebook page This joint is definitely one of the records that I am very proud of. Its features me and producer Sammy Vee doing what we do. I think this song connects with my #TAFT message which is to Worry Less, Care More. I talk about worrying and slipping into a bad state of mind. After realizing i was in a bad place i just said eff it lets make this work and do something bigger! My opening line goes.. I used to be an average joe, I'm not really interested in being average no more. This reigns true for me everyday. So check out the joint let me know what you think. Don't forget to check out my latest Tell A Friend Tuesday video on my facebook page as well. www.facebook.com/p1rap
Hey I would like to invite you out to the 3rd edition of our Silent Party! If i had to guess I think i'll be on the hip hop top 40 and trap channel...but we always end up getting down and having a bunch of flavors on every channel. It is party of my birthday celebration of events so put it on your calendar and come out to party with me and the squad, Saturday Night at Smokin Hot Lounge!
Last week I dropped a collection of Only4TheReal.com mixes that i assembled as a collection. This week I went back live on the show. Check out the latest news and (sh*t) talk from Bunday on the 8/10/2017 Episode of the O4TR radio show feat a mix by yours truly.
1. Artist that don't promote! I put you on the show, don't you want your people to know that you will be performing there as well??? Maybe maybe not but yeah if you don't promote your performance on any show you're on then you will definitely piss the promoter off!
2. People asking for information thats on the flyer! Why would i make a flyer and you see it and then you call/text/message me and ask me whats the details...bruh! I know i can't put the map in the picture but there are some words there that might contain the information that you are asking me to send you. Make it easy on me and you don't piss me off by asking me this...even though ill probably tell you grudgingly. I Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
3. Texting me on the day of the show telling me you're not coming... OKAY *Jay-Z Voice* I can't do anything about that. I'll miss you I guess. I still have other people to entertain ill see you next time!
4. Artists showing up late/no showing...WHY would you do this? You know I'm going to tell every other promoter I know that you did this and your reputation will be impacted. Unless you don't give af. So yeah show up, and show up on time and lets get the show crackin!
5. People that are not on the list that ask the door person to come get me! Fam just spend the bread support the establishment and the business and the scene that many people have worked very hard to create. I'm going to tell you that at the door anyway, and I'm already dealing with 74 other pressing issues during the show so spare me on the you don't have your wallet move. Plus my door person likes to collect money make her job easier! Its the only considerate thing to do.
DPMO Don't Piss Me Off
I could put more things on this list but these 5 really piss me off...so with that said I hope to see you August 20th at SIC Sundays 2 Year Anniversary. All will be forgiven if you show up to our special celebration! Info is on the flyer lol
This Saturday Night August 5th come party with me at The Crossing in Worth IL! It's been almost 3 months so I'm looking forward to comin back and rocking in the place to be in Worth on Saturday nights!